Am I a Candidate?
If your symptoms aren’t responding to non-surgical solutions, or your pain can no longer be controlled by medication, you may be a candidate for MAKOplasty® Total Hip Arthroplasty, a procedure also known as total hip replacement. Only your surgeon can determine if MAKOplasty® Total Hip Replacement is right for you.
A MAKOplasty® Total Hip Replacement candidate may experience the following:
- Pain while putting weight on the affected hip
- Limping to lessen the weight-bearing pressure on the affected hip
- Pain that may radiate to the groin, lower back, or down the thigh to the knee
- Hip pain or stiffness during walking or other impact activities
- Failure to respond to non-surgical treatments or nomsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication
Where can I get additional information about total hip replacement?
- MAKOplasty Patient Education Hip Brochure (English)
- Pre-op Patient Guide to MAKOplasty® Robotic Arm Total Hip Arthroplasty